Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Counting My Blessings


The weather is beautiful and it looks like tomorrow will be as well.  I started cooking this morning baking banana bread muffins, took the ham and chicken out to thaw.  Went to the store and bought fresh fruit for the salad, plus I cheated this year and bought the pumpkin pie but will make the pecan pies later today. 
.
I had thought about skipping dinner all together this year, since Heather will be going to Corey's mom tomorrow.  But I need to eat as well and I love to cook.  Since I have mom's freezer, I can freeze what is left over for another day.
.
Last year at this time I was so bless to spend Thanksgiving back at home with mom.  We spent hours in the kitchen, cooking, baking and laughing together, mostly she supervised because she could not stand for long.  I miss her so much and at times I still pick up the phone to call her.
.
There are so many things I am thankful for and blessed to have in my life. Two beautiful grown daughters and a granddaughter who I love so much.  Two adorable pets, Roxie and Andy, who doesn't leave my sight and who keeps me on my toes.  Plus I am thankful for a roof over my head, food, clothes, good health and many more things in my life. 
.
But most of all, I am so thankful for God who saved me and never left my side even when I thought he did.  When at times I was a lone, tired, crying and wondering if I could make it through another day or night with Mom during her illness.  Even when I got so angry and self pity, God was with me, he pulled me through it and made me strong.
.
I still think about the day, I could have been killed on the road but God was mercy to me and sent me, an angel.  My life changed that day and I am so happy he is with me.