Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Road Trip



Today Heather and I took a road trip for a couple of hours and it felt good to get out and enjoy the sunshine. We went to Slidell for lunch and ate at Cracker Barrel. It has been years since we ate there and we both enjoy looking around the country store. Like always, I never leave there without buying something.

Afterward we visit some old family cemeteries that dated way back in the 1800’s on mom’s side of the family. I had to do some calling around to find the old Porter Cemetery that was way back in the swamp on the river. A lot of stones are missing now because of the storms and some are just so old you cannot read the names or dates on them.



But we did find mom’s great, great and grand parents graves. We took pictures and wrote down as much information as we could. Mom told us, one of her great grand father was an out law and was hung.



Later that night I down loaded the pictures on the computer where mom could see them. We talked about the trip, the pictures and she told us stores about what she heard as a child.