Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17, 2009 ~ Thursday






Mom has passed out for the night, between shopping yesterday and having a few ladies for dinner and tea today. I now have a little time for myself before bed. As I listen to the rain outside and think back on the last two days.

This morning Heather and I got up early to finish cooking, baking and decorating the table with the Christmas set. It has been so long since we have done this as a family. When the ladies walked in and saw the decorations and all the food, they told us how beautiful it was done. I winked at Heather knowing it took us both to pull this off .

Plus, I did not want to take mom shopping yesterday but it turned out to be a beautiful and sunny day. I just could not tell her no, knowing she would be up all night in pain. But I am glad now, I did because I enjoyed watching her and Heather trying on clothes, teasing each other about their outfits and laughing. She shared this time with the ladies today plus showing her new hair style. Seeing her laugh, telling jokes and stories, plus tears when she talked about family members who are no longer with us.

I feel this will be one of those Christmas memories we will share for a life time.