Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26, 2009 ~ Saturday


This morning as I listen to a little jazz and reflect on the past couple of months. I wonder where time has gone and how much I miss dad, my brother and so many more who is not with us now.

As I watch my oldest brother bend down and kiss mom on the forehead the other night it melted my heart. Because I knew he needed to make peace with her and his self before it was to late.

I could not ask for a better Christmas my only wish was for my oldest daughter and grand-daughter to be with us but it was not in the cards for this year. But I hope to see them in January and that is not to far off.


My youngest daughter was a busy bee, who help more this year then ever with Christmas and some with mom. She has grown up so fast and have over come so much in her young life. I am so proud of her even though at times we butt heads and I hope she will stay on the right track here.


Yesterday as I watch mom it broke my heart. She had trouble breathing and was so cold. She slept most of the day while family was around. When she was able to get up for a while, she was a busy bee thinking she could help out but instead in the way and making more work for us.

She is like a little child at times, having her tiny fingers in everything. Christmas eve day I was decorating a cake for the party that night. I just opened a tiny jar of green food color and stepped away from the table to check the pies. Came back and it was gone thinking maybe I moved it and started looking every where not realizing she would come a lone and grab it.

That morning my youngest daughter Heather, was suppose to pick up a bottle of medicine for mom but during her shopping, she forgot to pick it up. Heather did tell mom she forgot the medicine and will go back to the store for it but when mom passed by the table later on and saw the small bottle of food coloring she thought it was hmedicine.


While I was still looking for the jar of food coloring Heather came into the kitchen and wanted to know what mom was putting on her face that was green. I said, “oh no” and ran into the den because I knew then where the food color went. I could not help but laugh, she was so cute all green but her eyes. Heather and I both laugh until we cried and at first I could not do anything for laughing so hard and once she realize what she had done, she began to laugh with us. She had it all over her face and legs thinking it was her medicine cream. Heather told her “she would be getting a shower now” after mom made a comment that morning she did not want to take a shower because it was to cold.


I should have been upset with mom but instead this will be something Heather and I will never forget, plus the picture is priceless. But I do worry about mom because she cannot see much now and she wants to still do everything even though we tell her no.