Spring has sprung, the scent of flowers is in the air, and new life is springing up all around me. Mom’s roses are in full bloom again this year and this makes me miss her more. When you take that first step off the back porch you can catch the scent of them and then your eyes focus on how red and beautiful they are.
God has blessed me so much, I cannot thank him enough for everything. I am so glad that I moved back home and I look at life so different now. I am happy and enjoying each day as it comes. This past week will hold a special place in my heart because I spent them with family and friends.
The house was full of people, laughter and food, like it should be and how I remember it so long ago as a child growing up. I had my nieces from Alabama, one from Mexico or wherever her feet plants her during the month, my daughter and granddaughter from Illinois, plus my brother and his crew as well, and my best friend who is like a sister to me. I am not counting friends and other family members who came by during the week.

