Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

What a beautiful weekend that started out with me turning 51 on Good Friday and then Saturday, cleaning and cutting the yard for the children to hunt eggs on Sunday.

For the past several days, I have been trying to pick enough blackberries to make dumplings for the holidays. So Saturday morning was no different, right about the time my nephew and his girlfriend drove up. I stepped on something that was hard next to the barn and it moved. I let out a scream, thinking it was a snake until I look down and saw it was a turtle.


The run away turtle

Then a couple hours later I came out with some cold water for everyone to drink and right where my nephew was trimming with a weed eater. I saw a baby bird trying to fly and screamed again, which almost gave him a heart attack. I grab the bird and moved him to safety. Then we decided it would be safer to put him under some bushes where his mother could find him. In a few minutes, she scoop down and flew off with her baby. I would love to have had my camera during that moment.

For the past several days my sister in law and great niece came for a visit and Saturday night we baked cupcakes to decorate for Easter. About a month ago, I bought a package of 18 little white basket wraps to put together and wrap around the cupcakes from Wal-Mart.

Even though we were tired and it was so late, we had fun doing the cupcakes and getting up early Sunday morning to start cooking for dinner. Now that I look back, this was our first time doing anything like this together. Even though we kept busy, it was hard not having mom here with us and at times I would think of her with tears in my eyes. But they would not last because I know she is in a better place.

4/24/2011