Sunday, October 3, 2010
My baby is 24 today
I cannot believe my baby is 24 today, where has the time gone. Last night for her birthday we went to a little bar down the street where a few of her friends met us. We played pool and sung to karaoke for a while, then after midnight the group sung Happy Birthday to her.
Since the bar was really slow it helped us to relax and meet new people as well. We even got tips on how to play pool since neither one of us played much. We both enjoyed last night and it did us good to be out.
Today we helped Lisa along with others to pack and move her things to storage until she can find another place to live. But in the mean time she will be staying with us for a couple of days and while I was putting away some of her food in the ice box, I notice that something chocolate melting on one of the shelves. Then it hit me, it was Heather's birthday cake, I thought last night I bought a ice box cake but instead it was an ice cream cake. Ice cream was every where and it was so messing. Once I clean up the mess I ran back to the store for another cake after everyone had a good laugh.
I am now in bed, sore, tired, boxes everywhere again but happy. Three women, a dog and cat under the same roof, wondering how long it will take us, to hang one of us by our toes. But when Lisa ask if she could stay with us for a while, I could not say no. I do not have the heart to turn anyone away if they have no place to go.

