Welcome!

~ Let’s live for today ~ Yesterday is history ~ Enjoy your life while you can ~ For tomorrow may never come ~ Cherish all of your today’s ~ As if they were a glass of rare wine ~ Savor them, sip them slowly ~ For tomorrow they are gone.~

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thinking about Yahoo 360



As I push the button on my computer my mind goes back to the first time, I started writing on yahoo 360 and then back to the many friends, I have made during the years on this website.

I know friends will part, even though we promise to stay connected. As I look once more over the pages of friends and read their poems, jokes and their most touching stories. I can hear their laughter and shed tears of those who have passed on. I will never forget them as I roam these halls for the last time and know it’s only a matter of time before it will all disappear.

I think about how open we where on this website with our poems and writing from the heart, where an opinion mattered, where some found love and others heart break. But most found friendship from all walks of life and I wonder will there ever be another website to bring so many people close like this again?

As I think about the first day, I discovered 360 and gave it a try. I never dreamed of how many friends would open their heart to me. As we shared so many stores about our country, family and our life. How they gave me laughter and support during my dark hours.

I wonder if the owner who first started 360 realize what a gift they have given so many people. Who did not have family or friends but made them here. Who looked forward coming homing to chat with their on line friends and some call them family. For a couple of years I was one of them, even though I had family and daughters, they did not live close to me.

When my baby girl got married and moved back home I was lost in the big city with no one. But Roxie my cat and work, which I almost lived there because it was lonely coming home. Then I found 360 and started making friends and some I met over the years.

At the moment I am making my home with Multiply another website almost like Yahoo 360. Will it be the home for so many to rest now as well and will they keep this website going? Will they understand the gift they could give to so many?

This morning as a read for the last time on 360 and say my good by’s to friends. I notice where some are given Multiply as a reference. Only time will tell if this will be our new meeting place.